The Middle Harbour Amateur Sailing Club has raced centreboard dinghies from its premises at The Spit for over 50 years. The Club started racing Laser class dinghies in 1976 and has produced many fine sailors, including:
- Glenn Bourke, triple World Champion 1988 to 1990
- Michael Blackburn, 2006 World Laser Champion. Olympic representative, Atlanta 1996, Sydney 2000 (Bronze Medal) and Athens 2004. 2004 World Laser Radial Champion
- Gabrielle King, triple World Youth Champion 2007 to 2008
- Peter Heywood, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 World Grand Master Laser Radial Champion
And more recently:
- Vanessa Dudley, 2013 World Grand Master Laser Radial Champion and 2014 Australian Female Sailor of the Year
- Robert Lowndes, 2015 World Great Grand Master Laser Radial Champion
Our club caters for all levels of sailing, from novice to sailors with a high level of skill. On the water the racing is keen, with the starting and finishing of the day’s racing being done by each member on a roster basis.
Off the water, the club atmosphere is relaxed and congenial. Advice on rigging and trimming your Laser is freely available from any of the more experienced sailors in the Club. Storage space for your Laser is usually available within the Club. Racking fees are moderate.
The Club would particularly like to thank Rob McMillan of NB Sailsports and Brian Conolly of Zhik for their continuing suppor