The History Committee continues to work to maintain a record of the many artifacts, books, trophies and more that are in storage and displayed throughout the yacht club.
In 1886 a group of local boating enthusiasts joined together to found what has become a cornerstone yacht club in the annals of American yachting. San Diego Yacht Club’s facilities had humble beginnings in a number of locations, including an old ferry boat. SDYC has been at its present location on Point Loma since 1924. Its facilities operate year round and include 576 boat slips, dry storage for 161 boats, tennis courts, a swimming pool, picnic areas, a full service dining room, bar, banquet facilities, snack bar (summer only), gift shop, and an internationally renowned year-round Junior Program. Two-thirds of the members own boats. One-hundred employees maintain the Club facilities to serve the membership and their guests. SDYC members are dedicated to the principles and traditions of Corinthian yachting.